Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Today was a very busy yet wonderful day! The kids enjoyed sharing their cards and fun projects that they made in school with me in the morning. I enjoyed reading Adam's book that he created for me. He said that I was thoughtful, helpful and smart! He answered a lot of questions about me, some of my favorites...You think you want to be alone. I'll never forget the time you kissed me a lot. You and I have many things in common. Here are some ways I'm glad we are alike hair and skin. Some ways we are different eye color and size! If you were president of the United States, you would probably bring me on T.V. Such a wonderful book and cute cards. Daddy surprised me with tickets to Mama Mia in a few weeks!
Our family got a late start to the morning but that worked in our favor. Adam gave a talk in Primary yesterday and he was able to run through it a few times before anyone arrived. I even recorded his run though and will attach it so that you can hear him giving his talk!
Dad rounded out Mother's Day by making a fabulous dinner. We had steaks and spinach souffle (from scratch) with a pepper, onion and carrot sauce. While Dad was cooking away Lil Adam and I worked on his final book report of the year. He read Overcoming the Odds Jim Abbott. His assignment was to create a news paper page complete with pictures and advertisements. I think he was really proud of his report and the final draft. Mom even Twitted Jim Abbot last night and let him know about Adam's project!!
Being a Mom is truly a roller coaster ride each day. I am grateful for my family though and thankful for the amazing blessings that they bring into my life. Each of my children are unique and wonderful and I am thrilled to know them and watch them grow and become their best selves :) Thank you for all of my cards, hand prints, letters, flowers and calls. I am truly grateful :)



1 comment:

Molly said...

Looks like a great Mother's Day! Hayden gave a talk in Primary on Mother's Day too! these boys are growing up so fast.