A very tired Mommy was woken up this morning by Alex! I had stayed up late helping the boys get on their way and then Amelia woke up at 1:15 am and the boy got home at 3:00 am...5:45 am came very quickly to say the least!! He is amazingly persistent though so out of bed I rolled. Addison and Alex both noticed that Adam wasn't up yet and I told them he was sleeping until the last moment possible! The kids noticing Adam's absence got my mind turning...what if Mommy surprised the kids with the movie after school????
I sent the kids off to school and called the theater. I spoke with the manager to see which showing would be best for Alex. Alex has a very difficult time sitting and being in loud dark places, but I thought I would give it a try for my pirate :) I started to gather Alex's pirate favorites. His hats, costume, map and bandanna was all placed in a bag and put in the van along with the popcorn shirt and soda cups.
I went to Addison's celebration for Dad's and then picked up Alex from school. Just to be safe I called the theater again and check in with the manager. He was even nice enough to remove the divider in the door so that our stroller could go into the theater! Before I took the kids into the theater we went into the mall to run an errand. Since I was being a "Fun Mom" today took the kids to the candy story in the mall and bought chocolate coins (treasure), and suckers for the movie hoping that would help Alex a little more.
We are in our seats right as the preview start...as the movie begins Alex is frozen in his chair, I would guess that he sat without moving for 20 minutes which is unheard of for him!! Dad had seen the movie so he told me when a good intermission for the kids would be. We headed out of the theater and grabbed a snack as well as took pictures with the advertisement for the movie. By this time Alex had become fully dressed in his pirate outfit and the people going to the movies thought he looked great!!
The kids really didn't settle back into their chairs, but we made it to the end of the movie! We even stayed till the end of the credits because Dad told us that just like all the other movies they had a clip at the very end.
Dad was waiting for us at the end of the movie so that he could take Alex and Amelia home and Addison and I could head up to Scottsdale for her doctors appointment. Everything timed out perfectly which I was grateful for. The kids are all in bed now and the living room is quiet, but when Addison and I came in from he appointment around 4:30 pm Alex was still dressed as Jack and swinging his sward at whoever would play with him! I brought in the mail and Grandma had sent the kids a few books from the Wheaten Library. Alex's book just happened to be a pirate book!! Alex looked through the book and insisted on pictures :) Bed time rolled around and as he went up to bed tonight he was still dressed as Jack.
Taking Alex to the movies isn't easy, but the stress and anxiety during the experience was well worth the happiness it brought to my Captain Alex! I hope he has a treasure of great pirate dreams tonight and always!!



No comments:
Post a Comment