This morning was very normal at our home...We get up, we make snacks and lunches, eat breakfast, comb hair, brush teeth, get dressed and find shoes and head off to school on the bus.... Or so Alex thought!! When Alex got off of his bus today and came into class he washed his hands as normal and headed to the carpet, but to his surprise I was waiting for him. For those of you that don't completely understand why this might be a big deal a kink was put into Alex's routine and for him that is often times to much to handle. He saw me, started to rub his fingers together (self stimulation) and froze the rest of his body with a look of terror. I was extremely worried at first, but he slowly took in everything and started to loosen up slightly.
There were a lot of projects for the students to do with their Parents. Alex and I started with snacks of course! He decorated a cookie, at a few pieces of popcorn and a slice of banana and apple. He then wanted to explore the classroom next door. They were making hats for the Mom's!! Alex was worried for me, but I think he enjoyed the end product and decorating the hat after it was made.
After we decorated my original one of a kind hat we headed outside for a spa day preschool style! Alex painted my nails to get me in the festive spirit. I do believe I have 7 colors in all in a wonderful rainbow of originality on each nail. To get a good look double click on the photo above :)
Alex then finished my spa treatment by shaving my legs! I am glad I wore carpi's today :) He had fun, but got a little frustrated with the shaving cream being on his hands. We headed inside and read a story on the fish carpet. Ms. B then asked Alex to ring the bell and invite all of his classmates to the carpet for a song and the handing out of gifts. You can see my gift in the hat pictures above. When all the gifts were passed out the students happily lined up at the door for playground time. I had a wonderful time at my Mommy Spa Day :)
The end of the school year is upon us and we have a lot of programs and activities to mark the occasion. Tomorrow is Addison's Mother's Day at school. Alex has his first field trip on Monday (the aquarium). Adam has his music class presentation on Tuesday. Addison's end of the year party is Friday followed by her Father's Day at school the following Friday. Alex's Preschool Advancement Ceremony is the 23rd and water day the 24th!! I guess what I am saying is...stay tuned for a whole lot of fun pictures and videos to celebrate the last days before summer vacation.
The end of the school year is upon us and we have a lot of programs and activities to mark the occasion. Tomorrow is Addison's Mother's Day at school. Alex has his first field trip on Monday (the aquarium). Adam has his music class presentation on Tuesday. Addison's end of the year party is Friday followed by her Father's Day at school the following Friday. Alex's Preschool Advancement Ceremony is the 23rd and water day the 24th!! I guess what I am saying is...stay tuned for a whole lot of fun pictures and videos to celebrate the last days before summer vacation.






No comments:
Post a Comment