Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

The kids were so excited about Mother's Day that I received a 5:00 am wake-up call!  As I headed down stairs the kids were all a buzz.  Alex brought me his brother's gift for me to open and I explained that we would need to hold off a bit.  Dadam made a yummy breakfast of omelets, chicken sausage and hash-browns topped off with orange juice.
After breakfast the kids gave me their gifts and I opened Dadam's and Grandma's & Grandpa's cards.  Adam created an amazing heart out of beans and lentils.  Alex's gift was our hand prints from his school Mother's Day activity next to questions that he answered about me.  I am glad to know that I don't work, Dadam does!!
Addison's coupon book and our Spa schedule was in the photo as well.  Addison also made me a note and snowflake to celebrate my day.  Both Nanee and Dadma gave me tulips for Mother's Day.  They have opened up nicely and I am enjoying them.
After church Dadam came home and grilled steaks, asparagus and egg plant for dinner.  Strawberry Shortcake was for dessert and it was yummy!!
I am so grateful for my children and the opportunity that they give me each day to challenge myself and strive to be not only a better mother, but a better person.  I am truly blessed :)

No comments: