The museum was truly magnificent. The art was nice too, but the building itself is the true masterpiece. I found myself once again looking up as I walked the halls. Adam enjoyed getting to see the Mona Lisa. The marble bust above was one of my favorite pieces. I love the multiple colors of marble combined to create a truly unique piece of art. The Mary Magdalene statue was nice to see as well. Her statue was among some marvelous carvings and relics. There were a few nativities that I would love to have in my collection!!
We walked the moat to the Pyramids entrance to the museum. Adam was able to take some fun photos of the chalice!
I could have spent ours walking the halls of the Louvre. The amazing art truly filled my soul, I think my smile was glued to my face the whole time we were strolling through each of the rooms and exhibits. As we were exiting we thought it was funny that a mall has been added onto the museum. Adam got a great photo of the Apple store and the Pyramid!
As we headed to the Metro we were able to leave the museum to Canon in D. What a fun way to exit the Louvre!
Our final place to visit and take in was the Paris Opera House. We sat at a Cafe right across the street from the Opera and enjoyed "Our Last Meal"! Rain was falling, a chill was in the air and hot cocoa was on the menu. Adam enjoyed a burger with fabulous fries/gravy. I had onion soup and a tomato basil salad. The experience of enjoying a meal and admiring the view of the Paris Opera House is one that I will savor throughout my lifetime. I can't imagine a better way of saying farewell, or until we meet again to Paris!
After stopping off at our hotel and picking up our luggage we were off to Disneyland Paris to board the Eurostar to London. I was hoping to have enough time to visit the Disney Village, but our time was short due to the amazing things we had done earlier in the day. As we were checking in I asked if I had enough time to go into the village to buy a Christmas Ornament that I had seen on Monday, but didn't purchase. The woman said she didn't think so, but Adam told me to go, he even got out of line and sat to wait for me. I put my long Lund legs to work for me and as you can see from the picture above I have an amazing ornament to enjoy this Christmas and for years to come!!
Adam and I made it through check-in and as we were going through security we thought it was amazing how many kids were taking their balloons on the train. They aren't cheap, so I guess I can understand though. The truly amazing part was that the balloons didn't have to go through the screening process...no x-ray or evaluation was needed. The security guards just held them for the kids as they walked through the metal detectors!
This was my first time really riding a train that wasn't for a tourist experience. This train was Onactually going to make me from place A to place B. I had fun getting to go the Club Car and buy a drink. Walking between cars while moving was fun, but I needed a lesson on how to open the doors!! I was surprised how many people were actually ordering full meals for the ride. They made everything from burgers to pasta. The ride was only 2 1/2 hours, but it was a very fun experience. I even got a train stamp in my passport at customs!!!
Once we arrived in London and went through customs we boarded another train to Stratford. We didn't want to deal with our luggage on the Tube and it ended up being a great idea because our hotel was right at the exit of the station. We checked into our room and then headed to the mall for a bite to eat. I was shocked at how early the mall was closing. We were able to enjoy some pizza and walk around the mall enjoying Olympic Park in the background. We were surprised how much work was still going on. As we ate our dinner workers were driving a huge tractor with a remote control! They were putting on the finishing touches for the Olympic Games 2012.
Another full day had come and gone with a day of enjoying London, England on it's heals. We hit the sack and readied for our next adventure :)









No comments:
Post a Comment