Friday, July 13, 2012

My First Traditional Victorian English Tea

 Nap time for Gavin equaled tea time for Jacob, Adam and me.  Rachel stayed with Gavin during his nap time, but she was missed.  I had never experienced a traditional tea.  Emily's Tea Room was everything I could have hoped for though.  The atmosphere was great as well as the ladies working there. 
 We ordered a fruit style tea and I added on the hot chocolate and the white hot chocolate.  Rachel has been enjoying the white hot chocolate for years and I had to try it :)  I must say that the white hot chocolate was better than the regular chocolate version.  The tea was the star of the show though and I enjoyed it immensely. 
So, you know how you order scones at a coffee house or bakery here in the states and they are dry and they crumble and turn to dust before you can eat them....that was not the case here in England.  Our Victorian Tea came with scones, mini sandwiches and dessert.  Jacob and Rachel suggested the chocolate scones and so we ordered them as well as a few plain/regular just to give them a try.    Cucumber, egg and ham sandwiches were our choices of sandwiches and yes, they were yummy. 
You would think that going to tea was a girly thing, but I can assure you that Jacob and Adam were well versed in the art of tea and they weren't the only men in the tea room either!!

On the way home from tea, Jacob needed to make a quick stop.  While he was running his errand he trusted me to take his car out for a spin!  I was nervous I will admit, but we were in a very quiet area and I think I only saw one other car during my adventure.  Driving on the other side of the road wasn't so bad, it is the turns and parking that seemed strange to me.  I was more than happy to let Jacob drive us home and anywhere else we needed to travel during the rest of our stay.  I can however always say that I have driven on the roads of England :)

No comments: