Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Our "Smoking" 4th of July

Due to Dadam being in Russia for the 4th the kids and I laid pretty low on the 4th!  We enjoyed hamburgers & fun cookies that we decorated, but we held off on fireworks until July 5th so that Nanee could enjoy them with us!
Dadam is usually in charge of lighting the fireworks so this was a first for me in a lot of years...  I thought that utilizing the pool as our water/safety source would be the best course of action.  I used a piece of wood to set the fireworks on and started the show for the kids and Nanee who were on the other side of the pool.  The fireworks were fun and the kids had a good time watching.  When the show was over I cleaned up the pool area and set the finished fireworks on top of the trashcan so that they could cool.  About a 1/2 hour later after the little ones had gone to bed Nanee, Adam and I were chatting in the kitchen.  Adam mentioned that he saw a fire, we looked out the window and sure enough our trash can was on fire!!  The fireworks had reignited and there were flames a burning.  We were quick to put out the fire, but as you can see our poor trashcan will never be quite the same!!
I am guessing that it will be a few more years until Mommy is in charge of the fireworks again!!  Lucky for us Adam had good eyes and caught the fire before anything really bad happened :)

No comments: