Today after church we truly started our Fall Break! The kids picked out their pumpkins from the ones that Mom had bought the night before. This year that part was so serious that we wrote names on the bottoms of their pumpkins! Once the pumpkins were picked out and play clothes were put on the kids were able to draw on paper what their pumpkins were going to look like this year. One of the only times that they get to use sharpies is while drawing their faces on the pumpkins! The fun part in next...painting the faces onto the pumpkins is always for for the kids! I love watching them go from the beginning of the process to the completed masterpiece :) We have some pretty creative pumpkins this year, I can't wait for the carving to begin.
Our own little pumpkin patch!
Chicken, Waffles & Conference!!
Each conference weekend our family enjoys waffles and ice cream for breakfast. Last weekend however we enjoyed yummy cinnamon rolls while visiting friends and family in New Mexico. After we painted our pumpkins we created some gluten-free chicken nuggets and waffles in preparation to watch conference with our little ones! I thought that by adding the chicken nuggets it would make it more into a dinner!! You know how popular chicken and waffles are these days!! I don't think the waffles come with ice cream though.
I have always been nervous about celebrating and keeping our traditions with our new diet changes, but I must say the waffles and nuggets were quite yummy :)





No comments:
Post a Comment