Our Saturday started with a fun surprise for the kids and a real treat for me. Grandma Lund flew in to spend a few days with the kids and I while Dadam is in London for school. We picked her up at the airport and headed straight for the Fire Museum. They were having a free open house and we were told it was worth the visit.
We had a great time seeing all of the different models of firetrucks. If you make the above picture larger the bottom right photo looks like Cinderella's carriage. I don't know how effective it was, but it was sure pretty to look at :)
We were able to not only go into a few trucks, but the kids and I took a ride in a 1959 Firetruck. I enjoyed the old siren. Smokey the Bear was there are so of course a photo needed to be taken :) Adam was able to put out a fire using a fire extinguisher filled with water, he really enjoyed that!!
All of the kids had fun sitting in the helicopter. Seeing Alex in a yellow helicopter brought back memories of his ride when he was a day old. I am happy to say that he wasn't a passenger this time, just a kid having a great time!!
After nap time Grandma took the kids to Cars 2 at the dollar show. Amelia wasn't up for the movie so we hung out in the foyer. She enjoyed looking at the movie memorabilia. Once the movie let out the older kids took a few photos in front of the Pirates of the Caribbean display.
We had a busy but fun day!!





No comments:
Post a Comment