Sunday, October 30, 2011

Autism Walk 2011

 Our morning started bright and early this morning and full of purpose.  The kids and I attended the Phoenix Autism Speaks Walk at Tempe Town Lake.  The event started at 8:00 am and can I just tell you it was PACKED!!  We arrived at 8:10 and the lines were already crazy.  We did the 1 mile walk and enjoyed the booths and activities that were made available to all of the participants.
 The cotton candy was being passed out by a dentists office!  You had to take a tooth brush in order to get the cotton candy.  Amelia had a fun time eating and coating her face and hands with sugar!!
 Face Painting was a big hit with all of the kids today :)  I was really surprised that they all not only wanted it done, but sat for the process.  As you can see Alex and Amelia's aren't as detailed as the older two, but they were very excited with the results!!
The whole event was truly amazing.  This was our first time attending the Autism Walk.  We have participated in the Crohn's Disease walk for a few years now and I must say this was so much more.  The kids and I has a wonderful time and truly felt loved and supported.  Alex and Addison saw therapists and Doctors that have worked with them through the years.  Seeing them there was a real treat.  
We headed out early so that we could make it to the last two hours of church.  I truly think we could have been there at least  another good hour.  Thank you to everyone that not only supported us for this walk today, but supports our family everyday with such love and understanding.  We are truly blessed :)

No comments: