By now we all know how much Alex loves Pirates! When we saw that the Science Center was going to have an exhibit on Pirates it was pretty much a given that we would be going!! Because we have a 10 day fall break this year I spoke with Alex's rehabilitation worker about doing some activities that Alex usually struggles with. She agreed and we made this activity number one!!
Alex started out in his stroller, but he quickly decided to get out and go to work with Ms. Lacey. We made our way to the third floor to see the exhibit. I was really surprised when he told us that once we left the exhibit we couldn't return. I didn't know then, but that was very bad news.
The exhibit started with a movie recapping the history of the ship and the pirates on the ship. The effects were great and Alex was very excited. The kids had fun learning about pirate flags and getting to hoist the flags. They had recovered a lot of artifacts from the ship as well as guns and cannons.
The treasure was the only pirate treasure ever really found which I didn't know. I was surprised that it was silver and not gold.
The treasure was the only pirate treasure ever really found which I didn't know. I was surprised that it was silver and not gold.
We made our way through the whole exhibit and found ourselves at a gift shop of course!! The kids were pretty good and after looking around and we headed down stairs to the main museum.
The fist thing that we saw as we exited the elevator was the toddler heart filled with balls. That was the point that Amelia was ready to get out of her stroller!! As you can see from the photo above Adam and Addison had fun racing wheel chairs. Ms. Lacey helped Alex build the skeleton puzzle and then Adam enjoyed taking a turn. While Alex was building a skull he said to me "I'm a doctor Mom".
We made it through the rest of the museum in record time. Alex was ready to see the pirates again :( He kept repeating himself and I knew that there was no way to do that unless I paid for it once again.
We made our way to the front of the museum and hit the big gift shop. We got some space ice cream and escaped as fast as possible!
Pizzeria Bianco is right next door to the museum. The restaurant is small and quite perfect to work with Alex on his sensory issues, and it is great pizza! Alex had a hard time so it was good to have Lacey there to see how he handles restaurants.
Once lunch was finished Alex was ready to once again see the pirates. We had tears through the parking lot and into the drive home.
Alex passed out within 10 minutes of being in the car. Amelia on the other had made the drive home very interesting. She was crying a lot which wasn't to unusual (we were invading her nap time), but at one point she stopped crying and I asked Adam if she had fallen asleep. He looked over at her and announced that her face was covered in blood. I was driving down the interstate and so I glanced back quickly and sure enough she was. I had Adam take a picture so that I could get a better look. I noticed the blood was coming from her nose. We arrived home and because Amelia was sleeping I just transferred her into her bed. Once she woke up we took a few pictures and then cleaned up :)
Family Home Evening was kickball with a few other families. We had a great time playing with the kids. After our headlight lit game ended the Dads walked the kids to a yogurt shop while the Moms drove to get things set up.
We had a great first day of Fall Break!!









No comments:
Post a Comment