Our family enjoyed an amazing three day weekend camping in Ramah, New Mexico. We enjoyed wonderful company, weather and food...what else could we possibly ask for!
The Dad's took the kids out to collect fire wood the first day we arrived. They made two trips and by the end of the three days we used up almost all of the collected wood.
The big entertainment for the kids over the weekend was hunting for lizards! Each time one lizard was caught the remaining kids searched even harder so that they could have one too.
Some of the lizards lasted days with their little owners, but others were sadly buried or let go. Alex caught a Horne Toad all by himself after returning from a short hike. He was like Lenny from Of Mice and Men with his little lizard. When he had wondered off with a few other kids I took the lizard and let it go. I wandered over to where I let it go a few minutes later and happily the lizard was no where to be found.
We enjoyed rain everyday of our camp-out. Most people would hate this, but being from Phoenix (not a lot of rain) we thought it was great!! A good game of ultimate frisbee was started up during one of the afternoon showers. Everyone had a wonderful time, but by the end of the night the Dad's were sore!!
We tried to get Amelia to nap while we camped, but she was not having it! Adam even tried to lay down with her, but Daddy was the only one that fell asleep!
What a wonderful three days. I loved watching all of the kids play and learn about the outdoors. I loved the chats by the fire with close friends and the amazing experience it was for the kids.
A very perfect weekend!!









No comments:
Post a Comment