Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of School 2011

 The 5:45 am alarm came early this morning!  We started our morning with our traditional (but recipe altered) Smiley Pancake Breakfast!  Amelia was a late (6:45) riser this morning so she ate after the kids were at school!  The notes are for the kids lunch boxes.
 Everyone was excited this morning and ready to put on their backpacks and get going!  Amelia even grabbed her Hello Kitty purse as her bag of choice this morning :)
Addison's First Day of Kindergarten!!
We dropped Addison off to her classroom first.  We were running late as you can see by the already full wagon of lunchboxes outside the classroom door.  Because we were late though...the Ahwatukee paper was getting a few shots of Addison, Amelia and I for the paper.  I will be sure to let you know if our pictures make it to actual paper :)  Doesn't she look cute as a kindergarten student!


 Our big 3rd grader knew exactly where to go and couldn't wait to get there this morning!  His glasses are in his backpack and I can't wait to hear how they worked out for him today.  No hugs or kisses from him this morning...he is growing up :(
 Alex returned to Ms. B's preschool class this morning.  Ms. B is participating and an ASU curriculum program that allows her to test their lessons with only 5 students.  I am thrilled that Alex is getting the opportunity to be in this study with Ms. B.  The success that he has already had over the past year has been amazing and I think that this atmosphere will truly help Alex to reach his potential.
Alex has finished his first day of school and is now home working with his rehabilitation specialist.  This is his first day with Ms. Lacey and he is testing her and trying to adjust to his structured schedule once again.
Addison and I were both so excited this morning that we both forgot important parts of our morning routine and things we needed to take to school today!  During our car ride over to the school this morning Addison took off her bus pass and left it in the car.  Side note...we were given these bus passes and there was a pile of green yarn sitting next to them.  When I came home and read the information about the bus passes I learned that Addison will we wearing this pass for the whole year.  I thought after reading the letter that she needed a little more than green string :)  I had fun creating a cute alternative!! 
I forgot to take Alex's classroom chair back to school today.  I wonder if I forgot or had one of those moments where you do something because your brain really doesn't want to do the right thing.  We never go to make a copy chair this summer.  I also forgot Addison's morning medications this morning.  Lucky for me we were returning to the school to pick up Alex from class so we brought the chair, bus pass and medication and all was fixed and forgotten.
We had a fun, fast morning and this afternoon is packed as well.  I can't wait to hear about their days and of course will type it up to share with you :)

1 comment:

john:and:aim said...

Awwww - what a fun morning for you guys! Breakfast sure looks delicious! You are amazing, and I am envious of your patience, talents, organizational skills, etc etc!!!