Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of School 2011- Part 2

 After Alex was done with school today he had his first session with Ms. Lacey.  They started their day by playing games.  Alex soon talked Ms. Lacey into playing Legos with him (I am sure that is shocking to everyone that knows him).  Ms. Lacey needed Alex to accomplish a few more things during her session, but as you can imagine Alex was not wanting to change.  Ms. Lacey tried to take Alex on a walk, play in the back yard...we even set up the easel.  
Alex wasn't biting and he had dirtied his pants so Ms. Lacey tried to get Alex into the bathroom and change his pants and put on underwear.  THIS DID NOT GO WELL!!!  Alex was beside himself and after so much today (school and new hab person) we decided not to push it.  I asked Alex if he wanted to make the afternoon snack (cupcakes) and he and Ms. Lacey proceeded to make cupcakes for the remainder of his session :)
 Adam and Addison rode the bus home and Adam said they even sat with one another.  Can you see the green paper in Addison's hand?  She received a green star today and we hope that we see one each day for the rest of the year.  She was so proud of herself as was Adam.  He received a green card for behavior as well!  
After the kids enjoyed their cupcakes we piled into the car and ran across town to the home care company that supplies Alex's equipment and supplies. We received our first set of diapers after I chased the prescription down and rattled a tree!  They are not name brand and I am worried that he is going to be allergic.  I am really hoping that isn't the case though because to get the ones he wears now would be the same process as the stroller and car seat. Please think happy thoughts for these diapers!!
We arrived back home(side note: Dadam has been gone for 5 days now and ever since the very first time we drove into the driveway right after dropping him at the airport the first thing Alex says as we drive into the garage is "Daddy's Home" because he sees his car.  He gets out of his seat and runs through the house looking for him.) put the new diapers to use and I started dinner.  Tonight we had spaghetti and garlic bread.  Addison was making faces so I asked her what was wrong.  She promptly side "I miss Daddy".  I think the kids are so used to sharing their special moments and days with him that they were all a little sad this evening.  Dadam's Internet in China is giving us a run for our money!!  Over all we had a busy but great first day!  I am headed off to bed so that hopefully tomorrow we run on time!! 

No comments: