We traveled to Albuquerque this past weekend to enjoy family, friends and the International Balloon Festival. The family and friends were great, the Balloon Festival was a bummer though. We tried Saturday and Sunday to see the balloons fly through the skies, but rain and wind made it impossible. We found other ways to have fun though!
Friday night we had Dion's Pizza and took the cousins to play at the play land in the mall. They rode the carousel and reconnected as friends. I really enjoyed watching all of the cousins bond. They all seemed to play well together and I loved it. Saturday was rainy so we helped Jon and Mac in their new home and then headed to the Albuquerque Aquarium and Botanical Gardens. Alex loved seeing the fish and sharks in the Aquarium. The Botanical Gardens have added a Chinese Garden with a waterfall and that was my favorite part!
Sunday we woke up nice and early and tried once again to see balloons. The mass ascension was a bust, but as you can see the Allstate Balloon blew up for the kids to enjoy. We were so grateful to those people. Our kids had been waiting to see balloons for weeks.
Sunday afternoon was spent with family. We enjoyed getting to visit and spend time with our loved ones.
Monday we shopped till we dropped and then played til we passed out. I miss having a Hobby Lobby here in Arizona so I walked through the store for an hour!! I have a few new projects that I will start on after Halloween Costumes are finished! Monday night was our last night in town and we went to a family buffet and game room. Everyone enjoyed pizza and games.
Before we left on Tuesday we took the kids to an indoor bounce house area called Hoots. We all had a blast. It was a good way to burn energy before a road trip. We had such a great time. It was so nice to see everyone and remember why we are eternal families! Thanks for all the fun everyone, I hope we don't wait as long before we get together again :)


No comments:
Post a Comment