Monday, December 8, 2008

Our City's Christmas Parade

Cotton Candy & a Parade...Sweet!

Our parade had over 100 floats this year. Each float was very well decorated with lights. I enjoyed this one a lot. They made the reindeer really appear in the air.

The little ones really had fun looking at all of the floats and bands. One of the middle school bands had balloons with strobe lights inside them. I told Adam I will use that idea for something. They looked really cool.

Last year Alex wasn't really interested...as you can see he smiled from ear to ear this year :)
The Eloy Fire Department always does a great job. Can you see the fireman standing on top of the truck? He is in the front covered in lights. He was dancing as the truck drove in the parade. We had a great time this year. We sat in front of the Burger King again with friends and ate our Whoppers before the parade started. It is really becoming a family tradition :)

5 comments:

Kendi said...

Don't you love the great things our city does for our families? We love this parade and it is one of our traditions too!

Unknown said...

I had such a good time doing that too. Your pictures turned out a lot better than mine. Send me your email so I can add you to our blog. lizfmayo@yahoo.com

The Hall Family said...

Looks like fun. You know I have never been to that parade,we will have to go next year!

Anjeanette said...

That's awesome. I wish we had a good parade like that where they really add lots of lights to everything. That's great....fun for the kids.

Christie Knight said...

We went also. Gage seemed to like all the colorful lights. Wade got a kick out of the police strobe lights and sirens! I think we will have to make it a tradition from now on too!