Monday, December 15, 2008

Church Christmas Party


This was Santa's area for visits with our little ones! The snowman on the right is made from tumbleweeds. That is what snowmen look like here in Arizona :)

Little Adam has been so cute this year. He writes letters to Santa almost daily and leaves them under the tree. He really wants to make sure that Santa has a full understanding of his wish list!

I think that Addison was more interested in the candy canes that Santa was handing out!! When we ask her what she wants for Christmas she keeps saying she doesn't know...

Alex visited with Santa a number of times...He loved sitting on his lap and shaking his hand. Santa was very patient and allowed Alex to visit as many times as he liked :)
I am in charge of the activities our church has. This Christmas Party was a hard one for me...We cooked 5 turkeys, 5 hams, 100lbs of potatoes, 16 sweet potatoes casseroles, 50 boxes of stove top and gravy. After two months of preparation, I was at the church at 8:00 am on Friday and left at 9:00 pm. The activity was very well attended and lots of hands helped. I think we had 300 people for dinner. I am so grateful that it was a success and that people enjoyed our Christmas Program. This is a picture of our Primary kids in a live manger as part of the program. Thanks to everyone that participated and helped :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It was well worth all the grief, because the party turned out amazing and the food was great too!

Kendi said...

You are so amazing! Thank you so much for your preparation and sacrifice...it was such a fun party! You are one who magnifies thier calling and I am grateful for your example. Merry Christmas!

Sara said...

Sorry we missed it! It looks like it was awesome. You couldn't have a better calling suited to your talents!

Anjeanette said...

That's awesome. It looks so fun. Our Christmas party this year was kind of a bummer. Not much done this year. Good job!

AB said...

The party was great. The only thing is that I don't want to carve another turkey until 2009, late 2009. :-)

Great Job Jen!!!