Smiley Face pancakes have become a first day of school tradition at the Berniger household! Oreos, blueberries, raspberries and bacon created our faces this year. All of the kids loved them and of course the smiles were contagious :)
Lunches were made and water bottles filled/labeled, but my favorite thing about first day lunches are the fun notes that I get to slip into each of the kids boxes :)
Each of the kids got to pick their outfits for the first day this year! We had pirates, kitties and dessert predators this year.
Backpacks loaded and off to bus stops we went! Addison and Alex get picked up in our front yard, but Adam walks about a block to his bus stop.
Alex's First Day of Kindergarten!
Alex is in Mrs. Rice's class this year. I am nervous for him, but Mrs. Rice has a treasure chest and so Alex is raring to go :)
Addison's First Day of 1st Grade!
Mrs. Hartung is Addison's teacher this year. She loves the ocean and has told us that her class will be adopting a manatee during the year. Addison is excited to continue learning her sight words and building a great foundation of reading.
Adam's First Day of 4th Grade!
Mrs. Mills will be taking Adam an his journey through 4th grade this year. We are really hoping that he has a great year building friendships and continuing to love math and science.
Amelia and Mommy's Special Day
Once all of the kids got on the bus Amelia's happiness quickly turned to tears. I had expected as much and so I had created a special snack bag and backpack for her to wear as she and I drove to the school to meet the kids in their classrooms. She wasn't completely satisfied, but it was a start!!
Once we stopped by all of the classrooms and met all of the teachers Amelia and I headed to a nail salon to get pedicures! Amelia loved getting to feel special and sit in the big girl chair! While getting her nails painted she also ate her Happy Meal!
Once the kids returned home from school everyone enjoyed cookies and watermelon! Swimming rounded out the afternoon and we all geared up to do it all again tomorrow!












No comments:
Post a Comment