
Two years had past since the last time our family had visited my home state of Florida. I must say it was so wonderful to visit with my Grandma and Aunt Debbie. My brother Jacob was also able to stop in for a brief visit. I was so grateful to see him as well, he and his better half live in England and he was in the states taking a class for his job.

The kids had a wonderful time swimming in Great Grandma's "Big Pool". They really couldn't wrap their brains around the fact that Great Grandma's pool was the bay not a pool. We also spent time on the beach and at the Niceville Children Park.
On a personal note...it is very hard to see the gulf coast devastated by oil. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone having to deal with the lack of business and income that comes from this devastating mess. May the healing and cleaning process happen quickly.

As my children are getting older I want to share our family stories with them as much as possible so that they know who and where they come from. Adam and I took our bunch to the Armament Museum to see what Great Grandpa had help create and build. We took pictures with the plaque outside the museum before going in and I made a facsimile to have for our family genealogy.
You might not know what to think of the two left hand pictures above, but you are looking at the Garbage Burger. Nine years ago I took Adam home to Florida to meet my Grandma and Aunt while we were dating. We stopped at McGuire's Irish Pub for lunch and Adam ordered the Garbage burger and a root beer. That meal is now a tradition...each time our family visits a must have is Dad's garbage burger, and in case you are wondering...that really is ice cream on top!!
What a wonderful visit! I hope we don't have to wait two more years before the next one.


No comments:
Post a Comment